Saturday 30 November 2013

Getting started...

I've made a plan. I spent the whole day crying yesterday and facing the facts of my new situation. I went to get a glocometer and pills to help me control my glucose level today. I will beat this, get off of medications and be in the best shape I've ever been.

My goal weight is 150lbs. I want to reach that by next December. I think it's a realistic goal! I will be working out 3-4 times a week if not more, and have a strict diet. For my diet, I am going to get the help from Dr Bernsteins. I've heard a lot of mixed comments regarding the diet, some have even called it a starvation diet, but I've seen the meal plan, went for an orientation and this is it, I'm doing it. They've informed me that within 20-23 weeks I can be at my goal weight. I think I am going to use them to get a kick start to my journey and then stick to gym and healthy diet.

I've completed all my research about different exercises and workout options. I'm contemplating between yoga or training. But I think I'll be doing a bit of both. It's just really expensive getting healthy. Gym costs about 45$/month, healthy eating - I spent 79$ for 2 weeks, dr b cost me 650$/5weeks not included the bars, shakes and cookies I bought and yoga will be about 100-220$/month depending on what option I take. This may be a little overwhelming but I want results. I refuse to eat pills and check my blood sugar level all the time. I just can't live that way!

Today is Saturday. Normally I would wait until Monday to start something, but now I am starting today. There have been too many Mondays that I started and then quitter, but this time it's different and I know it. I feel positive and motivated and in a better state of mind. I know what I want and I will achieve it. There are better things waiting for me once I get clos to my goal weight, so I just need to work hard and get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment